Here is a list of the best tools and resources to help you build passive income. As I come across valuable tools and resources I will add them to this page and keep it up to date, so it’s a good idea to bookmark it now so you can refer back to it easily whenever you need it.
Please note that some of these links are affiliate links to products that will earn me a commission if you decide to purchase. Many of these tools are also free. The resources found on this page are all things that I use and that I think are valuable. I hope you do too.
Also note that the bullets are all clickable links. I have to change the CSS files to make the links appear blue on bullet lists.
- WordPress: The Very Best Blog Publishing Platform. Free and easy to use with great support. All of my websites and blogs use WordPress.
- WordPress Plugins: Download plugins, widgets, and add-ons to help customize your WordPress blogs.
- Authority-Pro: The #1 WordPress theme for internet marketers. Includes features like squeeze pages, star ratings, and great plug-ins.
- Thesis: The #1 WordPress theme for bloggers. Highly customizable with built in SEO.
- Flexibility 3: A great WordPress theme for both internet marketers and bloggers. My favorite free WordPress theme.
- HostGator: I use HostGator for most of my web hosting needs. They have a great unlimited hosting plan for a very reasonable price. Great support too.
- JustHost: I recommend just host for their cheap deals and variety of IP diversity.
- GoDaddy: I recommend getting domains and hosting from GoDaddy, because.. well.. they’re godaddy!
Product Distribution & Shopping Carts
- E-Junkie: My choice for selling digital products and setting up affiliate programs for them. Free to sign up and try, and very affordable pricing once your free trial expires.
- Clickbank: Another digital products retailer. Probably the most popular of them all. Well priced and comes with a great affiliate program for your products.
- Paypal.com: Paypal is pretty much a ‘must have’ for anyone who wants to make money on the internet. If you haven’t heard of PayPal, you must be living under a rock!
- WordTracker Free Keywords Tool: A good free keyword tool. You can upgrade to get more detailed information about your keywords, but the free version works great for finding profitable niches and keywords.
- Google Adwords Tool: My most used Keyword Tool. It’s free and gives loads of valuable information to help you find good keywords and hot niches.
- Seo Book Keyword Suggestion Tool: Another keyword research tool, provides you with lots of detailed information to assist you in your keyword research.
- Seo Keyword Ranking: A great tool to keep track of the keywords you’re working with. Very easy to use, it’s a handy tool.
- WordPot: One more good keyword research tool. Also free to use, WordPot has helped me find several great keywords.
- Google Adsense: Although I don’t use Adsense a whole lot anymore, it’s very profitable for a lot of people. Make money by placing google ads on your web pages, videos, RSS feeds, and more.
- Google Adwords: The most used Pay Per Click advertising service on the web. Create text ads and target specific keywords that you want them to show up on. Useful if you know what you’re doing, but can get expensive if you don’t.
Email Subscriptions & Marketing
- Aweber: The #1 email marketing & newsletter service. Manage your email lists, send out newsletters, keep in contact with your list, and create beautiful opt-in forms. Aweber is the best email and auto-responder service on the internet. This is what I use for all of my opt-in mailing lists.
Finding CPA Offers
- Offer Vault: A great tool for finding CPA offers for products you want to promote, and also to help you do product research and find new products you’ve never heard of before.
- oDigger: Another good affiliate program finding tool. Lots of great affiliate programs and CPA offers can be found with oDigger.
- Google Analytics: Google’s free analytical tool. A very useful ‘must have’ tool for anyone who has a website. It’s actually amazing that this tool is free.
- Clicktale: Clicktale is a very cool tool that lets you watch the actual actions of the people who view your website. You can see where they move their mouse, how far they scroll down, where they click, and when they leave. I just found this tool recently and I am very excited about all the powerful information it can provide.
- Google Optimizer: Another awesome free tool for website owners from big G. This is handy to test small differences on pages with the same content to see which page performs better. This allows you to optimize your website for the best possible conversions, etc.
- Elance: Hired service for pretty much anything. I love Elance and use it regularly. You can post jobs, of all kinds and also offer your services and get paid to do work for other people. Everything from graphics to article writing and SEO to programming of all kinds.
- Odesk: Another outsource website for freelancers, IT companies, programmers and web designers. Similar to Elance, hire people to do stuff for you.
- 99Designs: This is a unique website that you can use if you need a logo design. It’s in a really cool contest format where you tell them what you want and how much you will pay, and then designers compete to win your money for having the best design.
- Fiverr: A place for people to share things they’re willing to do for $5. A good place to find cheap assistance in various things. I think this site is really great, some of the things people will do for $5 are worth way more than that!
For Capturing Video and Screencasts
- Camtasia for Mac: Make screen capture videos with ease. Great for doing how-to videos and that sort of thing.
- Camtasia for PC (Camtasia Studio): Make screen capture videos with ease. Great for doing how-to videos and that sort of thing.
- Omnidazzle: To draw on your screen. It’s a handy little tool to have around when you need it.
Content Writing for Passive Income
- InfoBarrel: InfoBarrel is a revenue sharing article site. You can publish your articles at infobarrel and earn revenue from them.
Internet Business Courses
- Elite Niche Research: A fantastic online course on how to do in depth keyword and product research to discover the most profitable niche markets. Very effective course that has helped me discover several very profitable niche markets.
- Niche Blogging Institute: Learn how to build highly profitable niche blogs. A very comprehensive system that helps you every step of the way from doing the research, setting up the blog, finding affiliate programs, writing content, and getting traffic.
- My Company Traffic Formula: This is mostly for network marketers, but it could be valuable for anyone doing any sort of online business. Learn how to attract people who are already looking for what you’re promoting. Get the hottest leads.
- Niche Profit Classroom 3.0: Adam Short is well known in the online marketing community, and I spent 2 weeks testing out his new NPC 3.0 and I’ve gotta say, it’s very powerful. Although it’s a bit more expensive than Niche Blogging Institute, it’s got a TON of additional content ready for its members and the step by step instructions could really propel a complete newbie into making money in just a month or two of following the daily guides.
- How to Create iPhone Apps With No Programming Experience: Very cool thing that I’m just starting to get into. So far I haven’t done anything with this information, but it’s definitely worth checking out. iPhone apps can be very profitable, and you can learn to make them without any programming!
Article Marketing and SEO
- Article Marketing Robot: This is now my #1 recommended article marketing and SEO tool. Article Marketing Robot is a fantastic built in article spinner that learns to spin as you input more data and gets easier and quicker the more you use it. It also submits your spun articles to the top article directories and thousands of smaller directories. The backlinks I’m getting from this software are huge compared to what I was getting with Unique Article Wizard, so I have completely switched to AMR for all of my article marketing and submissions.
- Rapid Re-Writer: A great article spinner. Turn one unique post into hundreds of unique posts quickly and easily. Very good software that works for both Mac and Windows. I recommend getting a copy of Rapid Re-Writer for anyone who uses article directories for SEO.
- Unique Article Wizard: The tool that I use (along with Rapid Re-Writer, above) that generates hundreds of thousands of backlinks very quickly. This is a very powerful tool that I highly recommend.